A couple of notes:
- Since this was the first time I was making the recipe, I cut it in half. What I've given you above is the half-recipe. It made just enough for 4 people (my husband might disagree, since he didn't get seconds, ha ha).
- Actually, I put in the full amount of chicken the original recipe called for because we like chunky, meaty things (And I had cooked that extra chicken breast, anyway....)
- When I thought I was making chicken salad, I had started cutting onion into the chicken, so that explains the purplish flakes in the picture above. The onion certainly didn't hurt the recipe, so I might add it again in the future.
- My husband thought the dish needed more salt; I thought it was fine. I suppose the original idea was that the chips would have plenty of salt. Adjust according to your taste.
- I used Lays Wavy chips because that's what I had. I also had some sour cream/onion chips, but I was afraid to try them. However, I think next time I might try some flavored chips to, as Emeril Lagasse would say, "kick it up a notch." (Ha ha, I bet Emeril never made Chicken and Chips!)