Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Crazy, Ambitious...But I Like It!

After putting together the year-end review last night, I had a brainstorm of what I could do for my reading this year. I think I'm going to do an A to Z challenge: during this year, I'm going to read 26 books, one for each letter of the alphabet. Considering that I read only 19 books last year, this may be a bit ambitious on my part, but I'm going to try!

Here's the list I've put together so far, based on books that are on my shelves already. I've also added a few that I might be able to review for the Teen Lit Review site. The list is tentative; if something that looks interesting comes along, I'm flexible.

A - Alice in Love and War - Ann Turnbull (this is what actually gave me the idea)
B - Bud, Not Buddy - Christopher Paul Curtis
C - Caddie Woodlawn - Carol Ryrie Brink
D - Daughter of Fortune - Isabel Allende
E - Evolution of Calpurnia Tate - Jacqueline Kelly
F - Flygirl - Sherri Smith or Fever 1703 by Laurie Halse Anderson
G - Girl with a Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier
H - Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
I - Indian Captive - Lois Lenski
J - Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta
K - (nothing yet - any suggestions?)
L - Life on the Mississippi - Mark Twain
M - The Mysterious Benedict Society - Trenton Lee Stewart
N - (not sure)
O - Ophelia - Lisa Klein
P - Pioneer Breed - Glenn Vernam
Q - (nothing)
R - Rifles for Watie - Harold Keith
S - The Scarlet Letter - Nathaniel Hawthorne
T - Twilight - Stephanie Meyer (am I the only person in the country who hasn't read this, ha ha?
U - Undaunted Courage - Stephen Ambrose (I'll try it one more time!)
V, W, and X - (no idea)
Y - The Year the Swallows Came Early - Kathryn Fitzmaurice
Z - The Zookeeper's Wife - Diane Ackerman

We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Have you read The Wednesday Letters? It's a little sappy and a little cliched but a nice story and I enjoyed it.

Augustina Peach said...

I haven't heard of that book. I'll look into it - I needed a "W" book! Thanks for the suggestion!