Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mind Your Mother!

For years, my mother has been recommending that I read The Yearling by Marjorie Rawlings. I don't really know why I've never done it; the book sounds like the kind of story I would like (except for the sad "pet animal dying" part, ha ha). It has just never seemed to happen.

Well, it's going to happen now. I finished The Year of Living Biblically last night, and today when I was in the library (trying to work up the nerve to ask one of the librarians to be on a HUGE committee I've been asked to chair), I took a little detour over to the juvenile section and pulled The Yearling off the shelf.

So now dishes are done, assignment sheet is made for first class tomorrow, Facebook is checked - time to go read.

2 comments:

lil red hen said...

I hope you won't be disappointed; just because I think it's so great, doesn't mean everyone would like it.

Ephemera said...

You know, it seems like I have read that one (I minded!) but I can only remember bits and pieces of it. I think I get it confused with the one about the boy who bought a pair of hunting dogs..."Where the Red Fern Grows" I think was the name of that one.